Saturday 24 November 2012

Focus

If I could commit myself to being as focused and productive as I am when I compose when I set out to do other tasks, I would be a super-human.

Though I don't compose as often as I should be (where's the time?), when I do compose, realizing that I need to have a significant amount of work done for people to see and comment on, I can get so much done. I do compose pretty quickly. During these times, my cellphone stops existing, Facebook stops exists, there are no other people, it's just me and my old companions - my computer and Sibeluis 6 (not 7) - and it's time to get some work done. This is something that until now was mostly absent from my life. Other people seem to be able to free themselves from distraction and get their work done. There is no such thing for me, when it comes to all the things I've had to do up to this point. Music History, no. Music Theory, no. Aural Skills, no. Flute, no.


Music is a discipline that requires focus, so being able to focus on this one thing reassures me that I have a place in this program.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, everything else has to go when it's composition time. I don't know about you, but when I compose, it's like I haven't forgotten about my phone, etc. but hours just seem to fly & I completely lose track of time. So in that sense, I guess I technically do end up forgetting about my phone, ppl, life etc. after all.

    ReplyDelete